Beyond us Beyond us

Interesting idea, production needs some work

There are some interesting riffs in there, I particularly liked the one that started around 1:45
I appreciate that you may have intentionally kept it as a guitar-only piece, but I want to hear some other instruments in your work soon! Get a kit in there.
When it comes to your guitars, if you're gonna get really serious about recording, I would seriously recommend investing in a Line 6 Pod or Digidesign box. My Pod improved my guitar recording quality hugely, and remains the best thing I've ever purchased.
Also, are you using a metronome? If not, you really should get into doing so. It just makes recording, double-tracking, re-recording, mixing, everything easier.
Good job though, I hope to hear more from ya.

sixstring98 responds:

thanks for the kind words man, it means a lot. I wanna get a Pod, but i don't have a lot of spare cash kicking around. I spent it on a channel switch/wah pedal board for the band I play in. And I intended to put a kit in, I just couldn't figure out how, what software do you use when you record? It might make thing easier for me to program drums in. I might sell my old squire guitar and amp to get some money for a pod. If it makes that big of a difference. I doubt I'll record anything again before I get a better sound, and I'll probably re-record this with the heavy part I intended to add. Thanks a lot for the kind words.

Feliz Navidad [Hardcore] (V.1) Feliz Navidad [Hardcore] (V.1)

Genius xD

Made my lulz.
Your stuff is sounding shit hot these days, bro!
Ahaha <3 the breakdown ~half-way through. Totally unexpected.

xD Thanks dude!

Soulstice Soulstice

Nice work

This is some good stuff, there's a lot of potential here!
That intro chug is razor-sharp and very tasty!
I love the groovy bassline at 0:58 and the sexy thing that sounds like a bass with delay and flange added at ~2:00.
OOOOH and the breakdown at ~3:50 is creeaaamy!
You obviously have a lot of experience with this stuff, this is a very decent song you have here. The only thing that could improve this would be the use of real instruments. Assuming you're a guitarist, you can grab yourself a DI box and a basic copy of EZDrummer for not much money, and then you'll have yourself a very legit song here ;D

8/10 simply because of the FL instruments
5/5 (+ 0.62)

Fauxnim responds:

Thanks man. I know the FL sounds are horrid, to my ears even lol. Did you use EZDrummers to record your songs? or do I need a separate program to do that?

Kakuna Used Harden Kakuna Used Harden

Shit me!

Technical! I'm extremely impressed!
It's already been said, but very well recorded and mixed.
I notice that you're a SoundClick man, you influenced by Bulb, worC or Eggeh? Because this sounded pretty djent in places to me ;)

Wahnsinn responds:

Definitely influenced by Bulb :P Thanks for the review!

Neodimensional Transcendence Neodimensional Transcendence

HELL YEAH!

This deserves to be at the top of the portal.
Nicely recorded and the vocalist has an EVILLL voice!
I loved the acoustic section too, very creepy.

9 only because I felt the gain was a little bit too high, but I 5'ed ya because this is much better than most of the stuff in the metal portal.

4.43 / 5.00 (+ 0.17)

SilverSpyro responds:

thanks man, yeah i think there is still a little bit more mastering to be done but we won't get that until the 16th.

Cast to the Sky [V.1] Cast to the Sky [V.1]

Shit yeah!

You may say that you envy my tone, but I'll never beat your creative originality (or popularity)!

I agree with Jazzman, this is beautiful! It's rare that Metal can be fierce and also majestic, but this definately ticks both boxes!

Great job, sir!
Hurry up and release a Beyond Our Eyes E.P./album!

4.21 / 5.00 (+ 0.054)

Deathcalypse responds:

Heh, Thanks man! It'll probably be out within a month.

MangledRottingWorld [COLLAB.] MangledRottingWorld [COLLAB.]

DUUUDE!

You EQ'ed my kit better than I do! XD

I love it! Can't wait to hear vocalss!

Deathcalypse responds:

Thanks man, im anxious for vocals too!

WeStand [AllThatRemainsCover] WeStand [AllThatRemainsCover]

Incredible cover!

I first heard it on your YouTube and thought 'okay, so when does the cover start?'
Seriously bro, insanely tight performance!

5/5
3.92 / 5.00 (+ 0.13)

LOL. Thanks man \m/

NancyKerriganQ(Sample) NancyKerriganQ(Sample)

If this doesn't make it to the album...

I shall be very sad.
And will ask politely for an mp3 version.
Beautiful and brutal, just the way it should be.
Can't wait for the album!!

CWN responds:

I don't know when the album will be finished, it's a lot of damn work, and i just got some new equipment to record with... Plus university is killing me >.<
But there is a high chance, this song will end up on it !

DrumAttacks DrumAttacks

Great job!

I love that riff!
Really interesting shit you got going on here, bro.
Nice sound too - what programs do you use?

TheSoulScream responds: